International Women's Day
Celebrate International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day takes place every year on March 8. It’s a time to celebrate women's work and those who empower us.
As a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving women’s equality, we work year-round to create opportunities that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities for women and their families.
HOW THE YWCA METRO VANCOUVER IS SUPPORTING YOUNG WOMEN
- Stopping Violence Against Women
- Youth Advisory Council
- Culture Shift
- YWCA High School Mentorship Program
- YWCA Youth Education Programs Welcome to My Life and Being Me
- YWCA Employment Programs for Women: Aspire, Breaking Ground, Changing Gears, Elevate Skills, FOCUS@Work, Survive to Thrive, Tech Connect, Tourism Essentials
In 2019, the YWCA:
- Provided 611 low-income single mothers and children with a home in one of 12 YWCA Housing Communities
- Served 24,662 hot plates of food to women and children in the Downtown Eastside through YWCA Crabtree Corner
- 272 single mothers and 349 children made progress towards economic independence through YWCA Single Mothers' Support Services
- Matched 121 high school girls with professional women through the YWCA High School Mentorship Program
International Women's Day 2020 - How Far Are We from Achieving Gender Equality in Canada?
4 Canadian Women Leading the Way in STEM