Celebrate International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day takes place every year on March 8. It’s a time to celebrate women's work and those who empower us.
This year, YWCA is profiling women in our community who make a difference – big or small. Over the next two weeks we are highlighting the brilliant women who improve the lives of those around them on our social media channels.
You can join us in the celebration by honouring women who inspire you on your Facebook or Twitter, using the hashtag #YWCAInspiringWomen
As a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving women’s equality, we work year-round to create opportunities that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities for women and their families.
HOW THE YWCA METRO VANCOUVER IS SUPPORTING YOUNG WOMEN
- Stopping Violence Against Women
- Youth Advisory Council
- Culture Shift
- YWCA Welcome to My Life and Being Me
In 2016, the YWCA:
- Provided 449 low-income single mothers with a home in one of seven YWCA housing communities
- Served 32,008 hot plates of food to women and children in the Downtown Eastside through YWCA Crabtree Corner
- 201 single mothers and children made progress towards economic independence through YWCA Single Mothers' Support Services
- Matched 73 high school girls with professional women through the YWCA high school mentorship program
JOIN IN ON LOCAL IWD EVENTS
International Women's Day - Celebrating Women's Successes
Celebrating International Women's Day: Help women and families make it happen