Celebrate International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day takes place every year on March 8. It’s a time to celebrate women's work and those who empower us.
As a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving women’s equality, we work year-round to create opportunities that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities for women and their families.
HOW THE YWCA METRO VANCOUVER IS SUPPORTING YOUNG WOMEN
- Stopping Violence Against Women
- Youth Advisory Council
- Culture Shift
- YWCA Welcome to My Life and Being Me
In 2017, the YWCA:
- Provided 567 low-income single mothers with a home in one of ten YWCA housing communities
- Served 23,718 hot plates of food to women and children in the Downtown Eastside through YWCA Crabtree Corner
- 207 single mothers and children made progress towards economic independence through YWCA Single Mothers' Support Services
- Matched 110 high school girls with professional women through the YWCA high school mentorship program
International Women's Day - Celebrating Women's Successes
Celebrating International Women's Day: Help women and families make it happen