High-quality and affordable child care is a priority for parents. The YWCA operates four early learning and child care centres across Metro Vancouver to meet families’ needs.
This position provides administrative support to our childcare operations:
Pay: $23 per hour
- Report directly to Manger, Childcare Operations.
- Respond to waitlist inquiries, registration and maintain waitlist database
- Assist Manager to collect centre statistics and compile monthly reports
- Assist with centre supplies and equipment purchases & order
- Assist with senior supervisor meetings scheduling and minutes taking
- Provides administrative support to hiring and on- boarding
- Assist with scheduling of on-call staff
- Provide coordination and logistical support to professional development training and team building events for staff / centres
- Research and provide recommendations on administrative best practices, latest technology solutions and project management systems to improve efficiency
- Assist to arrange regular and minor maintenance work (e.g. handyman related work)
- Excellent communication skills
- Childcare sector experiences an asset
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be flexible when priorities shift
- Good time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook Excel and Power Point. Share Point and One Drive
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience as an Administrative Assistant required
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by December 2nd 2021 to:
Janice Lee, Director, Family Services
YWCA Metro Vancouver
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.