Under the general supervision of the Case Manager Coordinator of the WorkBC Centre, the Career Advisor/Case Manager is responsible for working closely with job seekers to assess service suitability, develop, and implement an Employment Action Plan. The Career Advisor/Case Manager will support Clients with achieving their employment goals by referring them to WorkBC interventions such as, Skills Training, Short term Skills Training, Employment Workshops, Self-Employment, Job Development, Wage Subsidy, etc. The Career Advisor/Case Manager will support Clients through employer connections to secure and maintain employment by monitor their progress, and provide job coaching.
- Work with clients to achieve Labour Market or Community Attachment including addressing any client barriers, and building on client strengths through an integrated case management model
- Work as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive employment program designed to meet the individual needs of all Clients including those of specialized populations.
- Work within a outcome-based contract
- Assess Clients and ensure they are referred to appropriate interventions
- Administer Formal Needs Assessments with Clients using a variety of assessment tools
- Develop and monitor Return to Work Action Plans with Clients
- Responsible for reporting Client progress and milestones through the Integrated Case Management (ICM) database
- Ensure file consistency for government audits
- Move Clients towards developed goals
- Book Clients in workshops and monitoring attendance
- Work within government compliance regulations
- Market to the catchment communities
- Keep abreast of labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, job training, and employment opportunities. Be familiar with and able to work with Clients using the latest technology
- Assist Clients to access Workshops, Training, Self-Employment, Job Development, Short-Term Training and Wage Subsidy
- Act as a champion of the program, promoting our services throughout community and networking events
- Work Closely with the Quality Assurance team and the Office Manager to ensure accuracy in data entry and service delivery
- Adhere to onsite Health and Safety Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have strong employment counselling skills with a minimum of 2 years of experience and ability to work within a performance based contract
- Familiarity with the Integrated Case Management Database and WorkBC policy guidelines is a strong asset
- Fluent speaking and writing English and the ability to write strong Client/Service Rationales that supports service referral/delivery
- Ability to speak a second language is a strong asset
- Up to date with the latest job search, career exploration/labour market practices
- Passion for helping jobseekers achieve their goals
- Strong team player & able to show initiative
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and relate well with others
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree, career counselling certificate, or a combination of relevant work and experience. Must have excellent computer skills
- A valid criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender-diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes to:
Leslie A Martin
Operations Manager, WorkBC Tri-Cities
No phone calls please.
Please note this posting will be open until positions are filled.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business needs. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.