Under the general supervision of the Senior Operations Managers, the Case Manager Coordinator will supervise, provide direction and work closely with the catchments’ Case Management team. Support will include assisting case managers in reaching service utilization goals and employment outcomes while ensuring client best practices and funder policy is followed. The coordinator will be the first point of contact in providing supervisory support and coaching to case managers through individual troubleshooting and case conferencing oversight. The Case Manager Coordinator will liaise with the YWCA WorkBC Quality Improvement and Training team to ensure data entries are completed on regular basis, ensuring consistency across WorkBC catchments operated by the YWCA.
- Supervise a team of case managers to ensure performance objectives are achieved with the ability to execute strategies to meet or exceed project deliverables
- Work as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive employment program designed to meet the individual needs of all clients, including those of specialized populations
- Work within an outcome-based contract
- Work with case managers to provide coaching in addressing any client barriers through the use of diverse and appropriate interventions and building on strengths through an integrated case management model
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to case managers in referring Clients to appropriate interventions, administering Client Needs Assessments, and developing, revising, and monitoring Action Plans with clients
- Collaborate with the Quality Improvement and Training team to identify the training needs of case managers
- Provide mentorship, job shadowing, and onsite training support to new case managers and monitor progress/skills development
- Provide progress reports as directed by the Centres’ Operations Managers and the WorkBC Leadership team
- Work closely with the Quality Improvement and Training team and the Office Manager to ensure accuracy in data entry and service delivery
- Review skills enhancement applications for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to the Manager
- Monitor file consistency for government and Quality Improvement audits and provide timely feedback to staff
- Participate in the monthly review meetings of the catchment and individual staff Performance Metrics Reports
- Develop strategies for individual case managers to enhance service access for each of their clients
- Work within government compliance regulations and policies
- Keep abreast of labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, employment programs, job training, and employment opportunities
- Be familiar with and able to support both staff and clients in using the latest technology
- Support with difficult clients' conversations to resolve the matter at the case management level to reduce the possibility of escalating the matter further through the client issue resolution process
- Strategize with other YWCA WorkBC Teams and Management to continually improve processes and increase employment outcomes; liaise with other teams across catchments to ensure consistency in service, and best practices are shared and implemented; including participating in monthly cross catchment meetings with other Case Manager Coordinators
- Adhere to onsite Health and Safety Procedures
- Adhere to CARF standards and all external regulatory bodies
- Other duties as required
- Candidates must have strong employment counselling skills with a minimum of 3 years of experience in WorkBC case management and proven ability to successfully work within a performance-based contract
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, career counselling certificate, or a combination of relevant work and experience.
- Experience in the Integrated Case Management Database and WorkBC policy guidelines is a strong asset
- Previous supervisory or coaching experience with the ability to make sound decisions is a strong asset
- Strong ability to assess and understand client needs and the ability to strategize and plan for meaningful services to address gaps for long term employment
- Strong knowledge of catchment/ lower mainland community services including employment programs
- Fluent speaking and writing English and the ability to support in writing strong Client Service Rationales
- Up to date with the latest job search, career exploration/labour market practices
- Passion for helping jobseekers and colleagues achieve their goals
- Strong team player and able to show initiative
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and relate well with others
- Must have excellent computer skills
- A valid criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required
ABOUT THE YWCA
Last year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marked 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender-diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic well-being.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
No phone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.