Working closely with the Senior Manager, the Case Manager Coordinator will supervise, provide direction and work closely with a five-person team of Career Advisors that provide support for a range of jobseekers in the community, including single parents, immigrants, persons with disabilities, youth, Indigenous people, older workers, francophone, survivors of violence, LGBTQ2S+ as well as professionals and general jobseekers. Working with a wider team of workshop facilitators and job developers, the Case Managers provide a holistic approach to providing the arc of career development services to assist clients in developing and achieving their career and life goals. Working with financial supports through WorkBC funding and YWCA/community resources, clients are supported in all aspects of their career path including accessing short and long term training, self-employment services to launch a new business, wage subsidies to gain work experience, customized employment for persons with a disability, and other valuable services to move towards sustainable employment. The Coordinator will provide supervisory support and coaching for the case management team fitting with the overall vision and goals of the centre.
Reporting to: WorkBC Senior Operations Manager
Renumeration: Competitive Salary and Vacation/Benefits including Pension/YWCA Health Fitness Membership/Access to regular Flex Day Schedule
- Supervise, motivate and support the team of Career Advisors/Case Managers to ensure our centre meets the needs of a range of jobseekers in the community
- Work within an outcome-based contract as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver the WorkBC program designed to meet individual needs of all clients
- Work with Case Managers to provide case management services using a strength-based approach to achieve goals and support clients
- Keep team informed of labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, employment programs, job training, and employment opportunities
- Collaborate with management to identify and participate in training to support the learning needs of Case Managers
- Provide mentorship, job shadowing, feedback and onsite training support for new staff
- Develop strategies for individual Case Managers to provide a high standard of client service, and enhance access of needed community supports
- Provide progress and other reporting as needed
- Review client training, self-employment and wage subsidy applications
- Monitor file consistency to follow government policies, and provide timely feedback and coaching to staff
- Participate in the review meetings for the centre to ensure service utilization and outcome targets are achieved
- Be familiar with and able to support both staff and clients using the latest technology
- Provide support with managing any client issues
- Work with other WorkBC teams and managers to continually improve processes and increase employment outcomes; liaise with other teams across catchments to ensure consistency in service, and best practices are shared
- Support community outreach strategies to connect the community with the centre
- Adhere to onsite Health and Safety Procedures
- Candidates must have a passion for supporting the team to support jobseekers to develop and achieve sustainable and progressive employment.
- Experience within the career development field is an asset or transferable background
- Experience with WorkBC programming is an asset
- Previous supervisory or coaching experience with ability to make sound decisions
- Strong ability to assess and understand client needs and the ability to strategize and plan for meaningful services to address any barriers or gaps to employment
- Highly organized and comfortable with scheduling, time and file management
- Knowledge of Metro Vancouver community services and employment programs
- Strong documentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Up to date with the latest job search, career exploration / labour market practices
- Strong team player and able to show initiative
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and relate well with others
- Relevant post-secondary education or a combination of relevant work and experience.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- A valid criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations)
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
YWCA Metro Vancouver operates on the ancestral and unceded territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), səl̓ílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations. YWCA Metro Vancouver also acknowledges the unceded territories of Semiahmoo and the Stó:lō peoples, including the Qayqayt, Kwantlen, Katzie and Kwikwetlem Nations, as well as the treaty lands of the Tsawwassen Nation.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and values its diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous People, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
Melanie Mageau, Senior Operations Manager
No phone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.