Women and families in crisis receive assistance with temporary emergency housing, along with individuals requiring short- and medium-term lodging. We are seeking applications for the position of Laundry and Room Attendant to provide relief assistance on an on-call basis. The shifts will be a minimum of 4 hours daily and will be subject to seasonal lay-off. The primary purpose of these positions are light housekeeping and supplying the hotel with clean linen. You will be reporting to the Housekeeping Manager.
Wage: Starting between $19.78 and $20.12 per hour
- Washing, drying and folding linen according to schedule daily for the hotel.
- Sorting and setting aside repairable articles.
- Cleaning equipment and floors in laundry.
- General housekeeping duties, including making beds, vacuuming and thorough cleaning of rooms.
- Other Duties as required
- Previous laundry and/or housekeeping experience required
- Available to work AM, PM or Graveyard shifts
- Good communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Certification from an Institutional Aid Program is and asset
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
This position is part of the IUOE.
About the YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by July 1, 2022 to:
Leanne Henn, Housekeeping Manager
733 Beatty St., Vancouver, BC, V6B 2M4
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.