YWCA Cause We Care House provides rent geared to income housing for women and their children in the DTES. There is a small communal garden, an outdoor play area suitable for younger children and an amenity room. It is located above the nə́c̓aʔmat ct Strathcona library.
The Community Development Coordinator for YWCA Cause We Care House will connect tenants with community resources, and support the development of community within the housing site.
- Meet with new tenants to offer support and orientation to their new housing and the community
- Schedule, organize and facilitate monthly community meetings with tenants
- Offer tenants resources, information and referrals on subjects such as child care, pre-employment training, counseling, education, health, food and clothing, and other community resources
- Support the development of workshops with tenants’ involvement
- Responsible for fair distribution of donations
- Supervise volunteers and practicum students
- Participate in community committees
- Distribute property management notices to tenants
- Provide entry to vendors attending at the housing site
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of community development principles
- Experience in facilitating group meetings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Appropriate boundaries
- Knowledge of issues faced by lone parenting women
- Knowledge of local and city-wide community services
- Team player
- Able to work independently
- Experience and comfort using Outlook, One Drive, SharePoint, Teams, Zoom, Safetyline and ADP Workforce Now would be an asset
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by Dec 04, 2022 to:
Manager, Community Development
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver BC, V6C 2E8
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org