YWCA Crabtree Corner Housing provides shelter and support to women who are pregnant or new mothers and who are in recovery. The YWCA Crabtree Corner Housing Casual Support Worker reports to the Manager, Crabtree Corner Housing. The position is on-call to cover shifts for workers who are taking time off, or where a second staff member is needed on a shift. They are responsible for providing emotional support, resources, referrals to residents of Crabtree Corner Housing.
- Work collaboratively with Crabtree Corner Community and SHEWAY staff;
- Provide ongoing emotional support, information, and referrals to residents;
- Respond to emergency crisis situations;
- Attend meetings and workshops as needed;
- Assist with the safety, cleanliness, comfort and security of Crabtree Corner Housing;
- Must be willing to use Microsoft Outlook, Share Point, One Drive, Relias Training, ADP Workforce Now and Safetyline; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience working with women who have substance use issues;
- Crisis intervention skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Appropriate boundaries;
- Knowledge of social services policies and practices;
- Knowledge of Vancouver resources;
- Ability to work independently;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Outlook, Share Point, One Drive, Relias Training, ADP Workforce Now and/or Safetyline an asset;
- Positive criminal record check clearance; and
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
Crabtree Corner Housing Manager
This position will remain open until filled.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.