Join a vibrant and energetic team supporting youth with barriers! As an Employment Counsellor you will have an opportunity to work directly with clients as you facilitate various employment readiness and life skills workshops, as well as network with various employers and community networks across the Lower Mainland to support today’s youth in finding stable employment in Administration and Customer Service.
- Conduct information sessions and client intake to determine eligibility and suitability
- Establish and foster effective relationships with local community partners to promote the program, recruit participants, and establish long-term partnerships
- Liaise with the Ministry, the Customer Service employers, and Training Providers
- Develop and facilitate assessment, career planning, employability and job search skills for job seekers with different needs
- Assist clients with resumes, cover letters, interview preparation, and labour market information and trend research (in group setting and one to one)
- Facilitate workshops for clients on topics such as job search, resume and cover letter development, and interview skills, as well as life skills
- Create and maintain a workshop schedule for clients; coordinate with a combination if internal and external facilitators
- Maintain accurate client records and preserve client confidentiality
- Encourage resistant clients with attendance, time management and conflict resolution
- Assist clients in developing healthy boundaries, confidence, resilience and coping skills
- Provide job search coaching; assist clients in identifying and overcoming employment barriers, setting realistic career goals, and creating and following action plans
- Recruit employers for work placements and job openings through cold calls & emails, and screen potential employee referrals for employers
- Assist clients to research and secure work experience placements in the customer service and administration industry
- Meet with employers to create training plans and complete paperwork
- Mediate when problems arise between employers and our clients
- Develop employment opportunities for candidates by maximizing, implementing and maintaining a sound marketing strategy. (Including: candidate matching, effective customer service and follow up activities), facilitating employment interviews and coaching participants in job interview strategies
- Attend case conferencing meetings with program staff as needed to discuss client and employer issues, and placement opportunities. Special project contribution and other duties as assigned
- Other duties as required
- 3-5 years combined experience in group facilitation, Career Counselling and job development
- Minimum educational requirements: Bachelor degree in relevant field, 2-year diploma in career counselling, or combined career counselling, human resources coursework and 3-5 years’ current experience
- Experience and knowledge working with government programs and specialized populations (Youth)
- Career Development Practitioner training and CCDP preferred
- Experience working with youth that have multiple and compounding barriers
- B Level Certification for career assessment (e.g. Personality Dimensions or MBTI) delivery and interpretation, an asset
- Motivated to work independently and as part of a team to deliver exemplary service
- Demonstrated interest in working with female job seekers
- Advanced professional communication, writing and research skills
- Comfortable with all Microsoft applications; familiarity with social media tools
- Demonstrated flexibility and positive attitude towards change
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Sarah Harris-Koblin, Manager, Accelerate Program
Employment Services, YWCA Metro Vancouver
Apply by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please
Got another way you’d like to apply and showcase your strengths? We’re happy to accept other types of applications that may differ from the typical “Resume + Cover Letter” Go for it!
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.