Option to work remotely within BC when schedule permits
This position has been reposted because the recent successful candidate has moved into a permanent YWCA role. This term position in Fund Development is responsible for raising Major Gift revenue for YWCA programs and services by securing gifts from current and new individual, corporate and foundation donors.
The position will work closely with a team of 20 to ensure that the financial goals of the Fund Development Department are met and will represent the YWCA in public and one-on-one situations. We each work independently and are fully responsible for our own areas while working collaboratively as a dynamic team to meet our annual revenue targets. This position includes flexible work hours and the opportunity to work partially remotely.
- Identify, research, and build relationships with prospects which will result in face-to-face meetings and the solicitation of major gifts
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors
- Make planned giving asks to major gift donors when appropriate as well as manage a small number of planned giving prospects
- Participate in, lead and support planning and execution of donor events when needed
- Provide excellent donor stewardship, reporting and recognition to facilitate renewal and/or upgrade of future donations
- Write compelling funding proposals and other donor communication materials including letters of intent and reports
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare proposal budgets
- Contribute to equity, diversity and inclusion discussions, activities and strategies
- Conduct research for fund development purposes on social issues addressed by YWCA programs
- Working with the VP of Fund Development & Special Events, monitor the department’s prospecting pipeline
- Complete solicitations on a timely basis to ensure revenue targets are met
- Ensure accurate donor records by updating donor interactions, giving intensions, communication preferences and recognition in Raiser’s Edge
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Knowledge of prospects with a proven track record in closing annual, major and planned gift asks
- Strong relationship building, strategy development and fundraising skills with 3-5 years related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write a variety of documents, such as proposals, reports and correspondence
- Experience with prospect research as well as researching social issues
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strategic, proactive work style
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage
- Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
What we offer
- Five weeks of vacation and personal days (pro-rated based on start-date)
- YWCA Health + Fitness membership
- Caring, supportive and flexible work environment
Candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume by Monday, March 27, 2023 to:
Senior Manager, Fund Development
We are committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.