YWCA Metro Vancouver is seeking a Jr. System Administrator to assist our staff with all IT systems and Helpdesk issues. The successful candidate will have the following key areas of accountability: Windows systems that support the infrastructure and user environments, such as Active Directory, Group Policy, etc. Other duties are related to backup and disaster recovery, network security, Office 365 administration, VoIP, and end-user applications.
Some experience is needed with routers, firewalls, wireless networks and VPN setup.
- Helpdesk support
- Windows systems desktops and servers, backup, Group Policy, antivirus, inventory, etc.
- Software/hardware installations, patches and updates
- Problem solving related to all hardware and software issues
- Work independently on assigned tasks including research projects, IT problems, user training, and various administrative duties.
- Teamwork for projects, time-constrained activities, etc.
- Other duties, as required
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft systems, Microsoft certification is preferable
- At least 2 yrs. systems administration experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Support-oriented, positive attitude, excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good communication and analytical skills, able to listen to problems and ask questions
- Ability to take initiative to find solutions and problem solve
- Proactive in anticipating and resolving problems that arise
- A valid criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by Monday, September 27th, 2021 to:
YWCA Program Centre
535 Hornby Street
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.