Under the general supervision of the WorkBC Senior Operations Manager, the Job Developer is responsible for working closely with job seekers to support them in securing and retaining employment and connecting them with employers. Working with job seekers and their established goals, the Job Developer will ensure that a targeted number of job seekers secure employment per month and will work toward marketing to a targeted number of new employers per month (as directed). Additionally, the Job Developer will be working with Clients to ensure short and long term job sustainment goals are met.
- Working with job seekers to determine their individual needs and skills to market to employers in the labour market
- Collaborating with Case Managers to ensure Client employment goals are in line with signed action plan
- Conducting and managing schedule of one-to-one job development meetings
- Developing employment opportunities for candidates by maximizing, implementing and maintaining sound marketing strategies (Including: candidate matching, effective customer service and follow up activities), facilitating employment interviews and coaching participants in job interview strategies
- Direct marketing to employers to promote specific candidate skill sets, marketing the right skills to the right job leads
- Facilitating Wage Subsidy Work Experience Placements
- Maintaining rapport with Clients pre/post job placement to ensure candidates receive appropriate support to maintain employment
- Assisting in maintaining the online job board and sending job leads to candidates
- Managing internal applicant tracking system including employer contact details and day to day Client activities and providing regular updates to Case Managers on candidate activity
- Maintaining accurate Client notes and records as per policy and QA guidelines
- Liaising with employers to organize targeted hiring events and connect them with other services throughout the YWCA
- Act as a champion of the program, promoting our services throughout community and networking events
- Working collaboratively to assist with outcomes of the larger job development team
- Strategize with leadership to continually improve processes and increase employment statistics
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of job development, career coaching, or placement experience in a related setting
- Demonstrated ability to build lasting professional relationships with Clients and employers
- Knowledge of working in a fee for service model is an asset
- Experience writing client notes and keeping accurate files and records
- Familiarity with the WorkBC model is an asset
- Familiarity with Salesforce is an asset
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated positive attitude towards change
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout the city. Must be available normal working hours Monday – Friday with the ability to work the occasional evenings and weekends
- A valid criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender-diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes to:
Erin Pavan – Senior Operations Manager
No phone calls please.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business needs. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.