Women and families in crisis receive assistance with temporary emergency housing, along with individuals requiring short and medium term lodging.
The primary purpose of this position is to supply the hotel with clean linen. You will be reporting to the Housekeeping Manager.
Pay rate: $22.89 per hour
What you’ll be doing:
- Washing, drying and folding linen according to schedule daily for the hotel.
- Sorting and setting aside repairable articles.
- Cleaning equipment and floors in laundry.
- Other Duties as required
What you’ll need:
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- The YWCA Metro Vancouver’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination from COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the YWCA deem it necessary to reintroduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
What we offer:
- Reduced free membership to our Health + Fitness Centre, discounts at our YWCA Hotel and priority in YWCA Child Care centres
- a workplace that prioritizes employee health, safety and wellbeing, including many learning and growth opportunities such as our staff mentorship program and three equity committees who help to support our goals towards achieving meaningful equity and inclusion.
This position is part of the IUOE.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of an inclusive, dedicated and impactful workplace! Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes to:
Leanne Henn, Housekeeping Manager
733 Beatty St., Vancouver, BC, V6B 2M4
We are committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.