We are looking for individuals who are customer service oriented, and have a demonstrated track record for implementing aquatic procedures & policies and standards.
- Supervising patrons in and around pool area and steam room
- Opening, closing and maintaining pool area
- Answering patrons’ questions
- Teaching aqua-fitness classes, swimming lessons (group and private) & YWCA Swim Prog.
- Ensuring pool area is neat and free from hazards and reporting maintenance needs to appropriate staff
- Testing pool chemicals and temperature
- Light cleaning of pool equipment and guard room
- Attending mandatory in-services, staff meetings and interim classes to maintain and upgrade safety instruction skills
- Rendering emergency care in the facility when necessary
- Other duties necessary for program/membership care & need
- 3 years active lifeguarding experience
- Current National Lifeguard Award
- Standard First Aid/CPRC/AED (CPR Annually)
- BCRPA Aquatic Fitness Leader Certification or equivalent (preferred)
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification or equivalent/Swim Coaching an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to engage with patrons and fellow staff
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
This is an IUOE position
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by Monday November 29th to:
Jill Metheral Manager, Aquatics & Group Fitness
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
Fax: 604 684 9171 Phone: 604-895-5761
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.