We are looking for individuals who are customer service oriented, and have a demonstrated track record for implementing aquatic procedures & policies and standards.
Pay: $23.14-$24.14 per hour
- Supervising patrons in and around pool area and steam room
- Opening, closing and maintaining pool area
- Answering patrons’ questions
- Teaching aqua-fitness classes, swimming lessons (group and private) & YWCA Swim Prog.
- Ensuring pool area is neat and free from hazards and reporting maintenance needs to appropriate staff
- Testing pool chemicals and temperature
- Light cleaning of pool equipment and guard room
- Attending mandatory in-services, staff meetings and interim classes to maintain and upgrade safety instruction skills
- Rendering emergency care in the facility when necessary
- Other duties necessary for program/membership care & need
- 3 years active lifeguarding experience
- Current National Lifeguard Award
- Standard First Aid/CPRC/AED (CPR Annually)
- BCRPA Aquatic Fitness Leader Certification or equivalent (preferred)
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification or equivalent/Swim Coaching an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to engage with patrons and fellow staff
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
This is an IUOE position
About the YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
Jill Metheral, Manager, Aquatics & Group Fitness
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
Fax: 604 684 9171 Phone: 604-895-5761
This position will stay open until the position is filled.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.