Fitness and Racquet Club, 1055 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
The Member Services Representative is the first point of contact for the YWCA Health and Fitness Centre. If you have a passion for Customer Service, a commitment to Health and Fitness and a dedication to the Team Environment, we are interested in you.
- Register new fitness centre memberships and register members for courses.
- Provide excellent member care
- Promote facility events and programs
- Handle member concerns
- Provide security service by monitoring lobby / change areas.
- Educate and ensure compliance of YWCA H+F Communicable Disease Prevention protocols.
- Provide for safety of building occupants in the event of disaster, fire or medical emergencies
- Organize cash float and prepare reports
- Perform daily unlocking and locking up procedure
- Answer telephones and re-direct calls
- Other duties as required
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certificate
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Good computer skills
- Experience with emergency building evacuation
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations will be required
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. This posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.