The Member Services Representative is the first point of contact for the YWCA Health and Fitness Centre. If you have a passion for Customer Service, a commitment to Health and Fitness and a dedication to the Team Environment, we are interested in you.
- Register new fitness centre memberships and register members for courses.
- Provide excellent member care
- Promote facility events and programs
- Handle member concerns
- Provide security service by monitoring lobby / change areas.
- Educate and ensure compliance of YWCA H+F COVID-19 protocols.
- Provide for safety of building occupants in the event of disaster, fire or medical emergencies
- Organize cash float and prepare reports
- Perform daily unlocking and locking up procedure
- Answer telephones and re-direct calls
- Other duties as required
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certificate
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Good computer skills
- Experience with emergency building evacuation
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) will be required
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Interested candidates are invited to send resumes by December 4, 2021 to
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.