Multi-Site: This individual is responsible for providing child care under supervision and must be willing to work at all 4 of YWCA’s Early Learning and Care Centres (Emma’s, Crabtree Corner, Leslie Diamond, Citygate).
Start date: As soon as possible
End date: August 31, 2022
Wage Rate: Starting at $21.24 per hour
• Charting all information (regarding child's day)
• Updating as to where each child is, who needs what
• Greet all parents and children when they arrive
• Know and follow each child's individual schedule
• Give and receive information to other staff members, to/from parents
• Laundry - bibs, wash clothes etc.
• Sanitize toys, highchairs
• Environmental set-up
• Program planning, implementation and evaluation
• Monitor and assess children's health
• Monitor daily intake of food and liquids
• Written developmental reports on the children (for staff reference and parent interest)
• Other duties as required
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have, or who are currently enrolled in the Infant Toddler certificate program as well as experience working in a child care facility.
- Special Needs certificate is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with current practice and theory including co-constructed curriculum and documentation preferable.
- Individual will be a team player, interested in maintaining a positive and supportive learning environment.
- Individual will be willing to work as needed in any of the four child care centres we operate. Flexibility to extend hours as required by the centres would be an asset.
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
YWCA Metro Vancouver operates on the ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. YWCA Metro Vancouver also acknowledges the unceded territories of Semiahmoo and the Stó:lō peoples, including the Katzie, Kwantlen, Kwikwetlem and Qayqayt Nations, as well as the treaty lands of the Tsawwassen Nation.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and values its diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous People, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by December 31, 2021 to:
Mariko Ikeda, Manager, Child Care Operations
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2E8
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.