The Hotel / Residence provides women and families in crisis receive assistance with temporary emergency housing, along with individuals requiring short and medium term lodging.
- Bringing the audit to balance on a daily basis by the start of the next shift
- Being in charge of guests’ welfare and of the building between 11pm and 7 am
- To document any observations regarding trends in Hotel/Residence statistics and audit figures
- To correct and/or bring to Guest Services Reps attention any deficiencies found on folios
- Calculating statistics for BC Housing
- Assisting with OTA bookings and Hotel email
- Recording payments on guests’ accounts
- Charge no shows and late cancellations
- To help prepare the groups for morning arrival
- A welcoming manner and hospitality skills to effectively handle computerized guest reservations and registrations.
- Receptionist services on a multi-line switchboard.
- Responding to general tourist information queries.
- Offering information and referral to YWCA programs, and local social and community services.
- Liaising with the complement of housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure prompt communication for effective workflow and service.
- Recording payments on guests’ accounts.
- Other duties as required
- Previous hospitality and or customer service experience
- Basic bookkeeping skills / audit theory
- Competence on switchboard/computer terminals
- Must be available to work am and pm shifts, weekends and holidays
- Must have ability to handle fast paced, multi-tasking, guest focused environment
- Must have excellent organization, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, network systems (Opera Cloud would be an asset);
- A second language is an asset.
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Wage: $22.65 per hour
This Position is Part of the IUOE
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes to:
Calvin Neal, Front Office Manager
YWCA Hotel, 733 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2M4
fax: 604 681 2550
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.