The WorkBC Office Manager oversees all functions and processes related to the administration of WorkBC programming as well as the facility operations for the Centre(s). The WorkBC Office Manager also supervises the office administrator and data administrator positions within their Centres.
- Oversees facility operations of the ESC. This includes responding/resolving all maintenance, lease, telephone, janitorial, and alarm system issues that may arise.
- Creates/Implements/Improves Front Office Systems, protocols, customer services/best practices policies to ensure the requirements for the WorkBC Employment Services Centre and Satellites Offices meet/exceed the contractual obligations with the Ministry
- Assists the ESC Manager and Quality Assurance Manager with regular quality assurance audits through ICM and hard file reviews
- Working collaboratively with the Associate Director and ESC Manager to ensure financial targets are being met. Create monthly reporting.
- Ensuring invoices are coded, signed by the ESC Manager and sent to head office in a timely manner
- Liaise with YWCA Purchasing Department and Accounts Payable; manage client financial supports for the centre
- Responsible for Annual Inventory Control
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for staff and clients
- Hiring, scheduling and supervision of office administration staff; conducts performance reviews of administration staff
- Liaise with service providers; oversee registration & coordinate payments for clients
- Approving VSF ICM orders and reconciling FSPS orders with Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely input in ICM
- Assists ESC Manager with Health and Safety functions of the centre, including safety drills and reporting
- Orient new front desk staff to the WorkBC ESC workplace environment and YWCA policies. This includes creating PANs, Systems Access Forms, etc.
- Reviewing/investigating ICM issues case-by-case in ICM and/or with the Case Manager, and Financial Analyst
- Assists Case Managers in correcting ICM errors on the ‘Monthly CAPA Review” list that is generated from the Ministry on a monthly basis
- Train and support front office staff on the ICM database and centre systems, policies, and customer service delivery as it pertains to the Employment Program of BC and the YWCA
- Provide back up for ESC Manager if/when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Administrative and supervisory experience
- Experience in financial administration and some financial analysis would be an asset
- Experience working in the Ministry’s Integrated Case Management database would be an asset
- Experience and knowledge working with federal and provincial programs and policies
- Excellent communication skills working a variety of people and different levels of government and the business community, both written and verbal
- A demonstrated positive attitude towards change
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work on the North Shore
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by November 29th 2021 to:
YWCA Metro Vancouver
Please indicate the position and location in the subject line of your email, and ensure your cover letter and resume are in one attachment in either Word or PDF format.
No Phone Calls or Drop-Ins Please
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.