The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day facility operations of the North Vancouver WorkBC Employment Services Centre.
- Oversees facility operations of the ESC. This includes responding/resolving all maintenance, lease, telephone, janitorial, and alarm system issues that may arise.
- Creates/Implements/Improves Front Office Systems, protocols, customer services/best practices policies to ensure the requirements for the WorkBC Employment Services Centre and Satellites Offices meet/exceed the contractual obligations with the Ministry
- Assists the ESC Manager and Quality Assurance Manager with regular quality assurance audits through ICM and hard file reviews
- Working collaboratively with the Directors and ESC Senior Operations Manager to ensure financial targets are being met. Create monthly reporting.
- Ensuring invoices are coded, signed by the ESC Manager and sent to head office in a timely manner
- Liaise with YWCA Purchasing Department and Accounts Payable; manage client financial supports for the centre
- Responsible for Annual Inventory Control
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for staff and clients
- Hiring, scheduling and supervision of office administration staff; conducts performance reviews of administration staff
- Liaise with service providers; oversee registration & coordinate payments for clients
- Approving VSF ICM orders and reconciling FSPS orders with Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely input in ICM
- Assists ESC Manager with Health and Safety functions of the centre, including safety drills and reporting, Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Orient new front desk staff to the WorkBC ESC workplace environment and YWCA policies. This includes creating PANs, Systems Access Forms, etc.
- Reviewing/investigating ICM issues case-by-case in ICM and/or with the Case Manager, and Financial Analyst
- Assists Case Managers in correcting ICM errors on the ‘Monthly CAPA Review” list that is generated from the Ministry on a monthly basis
- Train and support front office staff on the ICM database and centre systems, policies, and customer service delivery as it pertains to the Employment Program of BC and the YWCA
- Provide back up for ESC Manager if/when required
- Other duties as required
- Administrative and supervisory experience
- Highly organized and comfortable with scheduling, time and file management
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet the required deadlines
- Experience in financial administration and some financial analysis would be an asset
- Experience working in the Ministry’s Integrated Case Management database would be an asset
- Experience and knowledge working with federal and provincial programs and policies
- Excellent communication skills working with a variety of people and different levels of government and the business community, both written and verbal
- A demonstrated positive attitude towards change
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Excellent technical and computer skills in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Zoom are required
- Ability to work on the North Shore
- Comfortable working on the front line of a busy employment centre, working with a range of clients including homeless clients, clients with mental health concerns, and clients with disabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to build effective relationships internally and externally
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Benefits include paid time off, defined benefit pension plan and health benefits including extended health and dental, Health & Fitness Centre Membership and more.
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes to:
Morvarid Zandichi - Senior Operations Manager
No Phone Calls or Drop-Ins Please
Please indicate the position and location in the subject line of your email, and ensure your cover letter and resume are in one attachment in either Word or PDF format.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org