The YWCA Youth Education Department is hiring an Online Facilitator to assist with the delivery of the online Guide to High School program. This program runs with Grade 7 students over 7 weeks to prepare them for the transition to high school. As an Online Facilitator you will support the program delivery by leading discussions, managing zoom meetings, validating participant responses, welcoming and connecting with the youth, sharing personal stories on diverse topics, upholding the group agreement, and answering participants questions.
The program takes place on Zoom for 7 weeks and covers topics such as: healthy living, friendships, bullying, peer pressure, and stress management. Please note this is a remote, part time position that will be approximately 6-15 hours each week from October to December.
Position Hours: Must be available on Tuesday and Wednesday from 12pm-5pm
- Approximately 6-17 hours per week for a 10-week period from October 4 to December 10, 2021
- Training: October 4-October 15: 20-30 hours
- Program Facilitation: Week of October 18th to December 1st: 6-15 hours per week (depending on number of programs facilitating per week)
- Program Debrief: Week of December 6th
- Attend approximately 20-30 hours of training sessions
- Weekly program delivery
- Manage Zoom meetings and provide live technical support as needed
- Support other staff as a co-facilitator by admitting students into sessions, offering tech support, communicating with participants, taking attendance and co-leading activities and discussions
- Prepare and practice for program delivery each week
- Debrief and provide feedback on program curriculum after each session.
- Create a safe space and ensure the emotional safety of program participants
- Communicate with YWCA staff and attend staff meetings as required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Access to reliable high speed internet
- Knowledge/experience with the YWCA’s Youth Education Programs is an asset
- Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of mentoring and education
- Experience facilitating programs
- Experience working with youth
- Experience in community program settings
- Experience leading programs online and or using Zoom is an asset
- Self-driven, highly motivated and organized
- Strong leadership, communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume (in a single PDF document) by Monday September 27th, 9:00 AM.
- Please indicate in your cover letter your general availability from Monday to Friday.
- Address cover letter to:
Supervisor, Youth Education Programs
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.