The Organizational Development Manager will provide organization-wide and program-specific services to support YWCA Metro Vancouver’s strategic objectives and enhance individual, team and organizational capacity and effectiveness.
Working in partnership with program leaders, this position will support in areas such as leadership, team learning, and change and transition management, and will help to foster a culture that generates high performance teams, strengths-based coaching and values-based leadership.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who likes to collaborate, innovate and execute.
- Partner with our leaders across the organization to oversee the creation, implementation and execution of our organizational and program-specific learning and development strategy, to improve organizational, team and individual performance, to meet our evolving needs.
- Complete an annual needs assessment in collaboration with key stakeholders to clearly understand and define capacity gaps and develop training and development plans accordingly.
- Provide advice on internal and external learning and organizational development issues to staff and management
- Create workshop content in support of the YWCA’s culture to optimize employee performance and engagement.
- Drive operational efficiencies to maximize resources and enhance productivity.
- In partnership with HR, design, develop and deliver HR training programs for managers and employees.
- Create a network of internal subject matter experts and external providers to supplement training selections and oversee the delivery of training programs by external providers to ensure high quality and objectives being met.
- Provide succession management guidance to leaders and create and implement a leadership development program to meet current and future organizational leadership needs.
- Develop and evaluate Performance Evaluation and Development tools and processes to ensure alignment to strategic goals while supporting the development and improvement of employee performance and engagement.
- Provide coaching to build capabilities and foster professional development to enable employees to optimize their contribution and maximize employee engagement.
- Research and implement existing and emerging best practices in organizational development and apply these insights to continuously enhance processes and programs
- Create metrics and ROI on organizational training and development initiatives and review evaluations for training effectiveness to ensure continual improvement.
- Manage HR’s contribution to the Balanced Scorecard and accreditation – CARF and Imagine Canada
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors, regarding HR issues, including, staff development, motivation, discipline, employee relations, etc.
- Other duties as required
- University degree in industrial/organizational psychology, organizational behavior, human resources, adult learning, business or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Professional Coaching certification and/or CHRP designation an asset.
- Four (4) to six (6) years related work experience
- Practical understanding and application of methodologies and approaches for; learning, departmental planning, organization design, leadership development, change management, performance management, coaching, diversity, and work/life balance, conflict management and communication skills
- Practical understanding and value of collaboration, consulting, organizational processes and problem solving to build organizational effectiveness
- Proven ability to build trust and relationships across all levels of the business
- Strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly understand business strategy and connect it to people strategy
- Demonstrated coaching skills and experience in providing strategic guidance to all levels of leadership across the business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate detailed and complex information both orally and in writing to a variety of internal and external clients and coworkers.
- Ability to assess, design, implement and evaluate learning strategies and methodologies based on adult learning principles and practices.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to drive outcomes that support individuals, teams, and the business
- Highly collaborative working style and a demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong presentation skills, delivered both in person and virtually.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
YWCA Metro Vancouver operates on the ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. YWCA Metro Vancouver also acknowledges the unceded territories of Semiahmoo and the Stó:lō peoples, including the Katzie, Kwantlen, Kwikwetlem and Qayqayt Nations, as well as the treaty lands of the Tsawwassen Nation.
As an equity-seeking organization, the YWCA Metro Vancouver values its diverse workplace and is committed to fostering a community of inclusion and belonging. Women, Black, Indigenous People, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, people with disabilities and people from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by February 4, 2022 to:
Zoë Stronge, Human Resources Administrator
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.