The YWCA Metro Vancouver has 13 housing sites providing safe, affordable housing to women who are single mothers and their children, in various locations across Metro Vancouver.
The role of the Painter is to oversee all aspects of:
- Building Maintenance:
- Daily building inspections, both inside and out for safety, security, and property damage.
- General clean-up of the property, including garbage clean-up.
- Cleaning and maintaining storage and workshop areas within the building, in conformance with safety standards.
- Purchase, receive, move, and store supplies and equipment.
- Find a balance between careful, accurate and fast painting of interiors of units and of common areas as directed, ensuring that drop cloths are used to protect carpets and flooring.
- Paint exterior fences and patio furniture as needed/directed
- Ensure work areas are clean upon completion of work
- Inspect regularly for graffiti and paint over it as needed/directed
- Using Arcori to keep daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly logs of repairs, maintenance and inspections.
- Using Safetyline to check in regularly during the work day
- Using ADP Workforce now to record hours
- Responding to daily emails on Outlook
- Using Zoom or Microsoft Teams to attend meetings
- Posting notices and delivering correspondence as directed by the Property Manager or Assets Clerk.
- Facilitating access and helping to coordinate contractors and vendors on site, as directed by the Property Manager or Assets Clerk
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Functional English written and verbal communications
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Fast, accurate painting skills are a necessity
- Willingness to do some cleaning.
- Ability to lift 20 kg
- Ability to climb ladders up to 3 metres in height
- General ability to use a mobile phone and computer for emails
- Willingness to learn and use Arcori, Safetyline, ADP Workforce now, Outlook, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Travel throughout Metro Vancouver will be required
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by December 1, 2021 to:
Jeannine O’Hara, Associate Director, Housing
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.