- Administration of purchase orders for annual service contracts
- Purchasing and administration of giftcards and transit tickets for YWCA programs
- Administration of organizational stationary, such as letterheads, business cards et al
- Purchasing of office supplies and program centre name plates, as needed
- Researching/sourcing items and obtaining price quotations, as needed
- Miscellaneous purchasing duties
- Insurance administrative paperwork, including inventory recordkeeping
- Develop effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Resolve internal customer issues and problems to ensure quality product delivery and satisfaction
- Maintain a pleasant and secure working environment
- Act as a liaison with other departments
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years purchasing or office administration experience
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills – written and verbal
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Strong computer skills – working with Office 2010 software
- Customer service experience
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents
ABOUT THE YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by February 1, 2023 to:
Capital Asset and Purchasing Manager
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.