The successful candidate will oversee and manage the WorkBC North Vancouver Catchment (WorkBC Centre and the WorkBC Immigrant Permanent Physical location), and will provide guidance and support to direct and indirect reports . The Senior Operations Manager will lead a large team, consistent of a Case Manager Coordinator, Office Manager, Office Coordinator, Immigrant site Coordinator, Case Managers, Job Developers, Facilitators, and Administrative team members. The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for implementing best practices to ensure the requirements for the WorkBC Program are met/exceeded as per the contractual obligations with the Ministry.
- Provide day to day support to an interdisciplinary team
- Review update and implement catchment’s Annual Business Plan
- Develop and submit organizational and ministerial reports
- Evaluate the program regularly to ensure accountability and success and provide advice and support the team on best practices
- Work collaboratively with Metro Vancouver Senior Operations Managers/ Operations Managers and Lead WorkBC staff to ensure consistency re: policies, procedures, quality assurance, and billable
- Work with the Quality Improvement and Training team to identify system improvements and create implementation plans
- Support Clients and Staff when faced with difficult situations and/or act as the contact person for clients who have concerns or complaints
- Liaison with the Centre designated CAPA (Project Officer) or Ministry’s representative
- Complete Ministerial and organizational monthly/annual reports, including forecasts, Business Continuity Plan, others
- Oversee Centres in person and online Services
- Review, provide feedback and ensure policy compliance for Skills Training applications, Self-Employment Applications, Wage Subsidy referrals and other services provided through WorkBC
- Assist with planning and conducting employer events, hiring fairs, marketing and community outreach plans for the Centre by working in conjunction with the YWCA WorkBC Marketing Team and Associate Directors
- Organize and complete YWCA documentation and reporting
- Ensuring Staff training and support is implemented as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of direct management experience in a social service setting working with staff and clients
- Solid understanding of Employment Counselling concepts and theories
- Experience working with performance based contracts will be considered an asset
- WorkBC experience and knowledge of ICM will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the North Shore Community an asset
- Ability to work management hours – occasional weekends and evenings
- Financial management experience and ability to understand complex financial models
- Demonstrated superior leadership and conflict management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with partners, the community, the Ministry and YWCA staff as well as proven ability to write reports
- Excellent attention to detail and effective at monitoring systems and staff
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle an asset
- Significant business planning and implementation skills required
- Ideal Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, education, social work, counseling, or related field. Recent professional development courses
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by 9am, October 25th, 2021 to:
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.