Compensation: $375 contract fee per month
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the weekly peer support group meetings at our South Vancouver location (Tuesday evenings 6-8pm) with the responsibility for content, continuity and tone of the group meetings; creating safe and supportive environment for women
- Support with set up and clean up before and after meeting including sanitizing common areas
- Conduct intake of potential group members
- Assist coordination with community partner for the group meetings
- Provide YWCA and partner agency with monthly group reports as required
- Attend monthly facilitator meetings to share information and resources with other group facilitators
- Provide community resources, information and referral to individual group members as needed
- Ability to facilitate meetings in person and on Zoom
- Must have solid experience in group facilitation.
- Knowledge in group process and dynamics. Demonstrated ability to manage group dynamics to achieve positive outcomes.
- Training and experience in the social services field, such as social work, counseling or community support.
- Excellent communications skills, including conflict management.
- Solid understanding of the issues faced by single mothers today. Experience of single parenthood an asset.
- Solid knowledge of the various local community services in the area of South Vancouver and resources available to single moms and their children.
- Strong skills with MS Office programs including Outlook, One Drive and Excel
- Experience working with multi-barriered women and people from diverse backgrounds.
- Believe in empowering women and passionate about supporting women in their journey towards personal and economic independence.
About the YWCA:
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Joann McKinlay (she/her/ella)
Program Coordinator, Family Resource Worker
YWCA Metro Vancouver
No Phone Calls, Please
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.