This YWCA position will be working as part of a multi-agency team within the Richmond WorkBC Catchment operated by SUCCESS to connect jobseekers with progressive employment, training opportunities and holistic supports. The successful candidate will be working in delivering case management services for a range of clients in Richmond representing the mission and values of the YWCA, including newcomer women, vulnerable women, single parents, survivors of violence.
- Work as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive employment program designed to meet individual needs of clients, including wrap around supports
- Maintain an organized and current client caseload including managing follow up
- Assess client needs and develop an individualize action plan to meet goals
- Proficient and effective use of the Integrated Case Management system (ICM) Training provided for ICM and WorkBC model.
- Administer Client Needs Assessments and Disability Related Employment Needs Assessments
- Connect Clients to employment programming and community resources
- Ascertain Client need for more extensive or formal assessments (i.e. psychological vocational assessments, functional capacity evaluations, neuro-psychological vocational assessments, audiological reports).
- Assist Clients to access interventions such as Short Term Certificate Training, Essential Skills Training, Occupational Skills Training, Short Duration Training, Self-Employment Orientation, Self-Employment Short-Term Training, Wage Subsidies, Job Creation Programs, Job Search Supports, Job Supports, Disability Supports and any other applicable WorkBC funding they may be eligible for
- Support Client in completing Skills Training packages to connect with education/training
- Report client progress, and milestones through the ICM
- Ensure file consistency and documentation
- Connect clients with internal workshop schedule
- Ensure safety plan and basic needs is in place and work with clients to refer to counselling, community resources and any other appropriate referrals as appropriate
- Assisting clients to participate in the Single Parents Employment Imitative where eligible
- Understand and follow all policy and procedures related to WorkBC Case Management and stay current with updates and changes in policy
- Other duties as required.
- Passion for working with women and providing holistic supports
- Knowledge of community resources
- Case Management and/or employment counselling experience an asset
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication, and case note writing skills
- Understanding and making realistic job matches
- Skills with all Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, MS-Teams)
- Able to show initiative, flexibility and demonstrate positive attitude towards change and work
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations)
- CCDP Certification considered an asset
Additional Experience as an Asset:
- Violence/trauma informed knowledge and understanding of impacts on employment
- Administering assessment tools
- Experience working in performance based employment programming
- Job Development experience an asset
- Additional languages an asset.
About the YWCA
This year, YWCA Metro Vancouver marks 125 years of serving our community. We recognize that Canada was founded through colonialist and racist policies, and the YWCA was established and operated during this time. We also recognize that these legacies exist in our present time and are committed to actively decolonizing our policies, programs and practices. Our vision: We boldly envision a just and equitable world for women, families and allies. Our mission: We advance gender equity alongside women, families, Two-Spirit and gender diverse people through advocacy and integrated services that help support personal, collective and economic wellbeing.
This is an exciting time for the YWCA. Join us and be part of a passionate, dedicated and impactful team!
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to:
***Please note that this opportunity will continue to be posted until the position is filled.***
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.