This position will work closely with the Associate Director, Special Events and Events Specialist on all aspects of the Fund Development Department’s special events. The YWCA’s major event is the Women of Distinction Awards and quarterly Inner Circle Events are also planned each year.
The successful candidate will work with a team to ensure that the financial goals of the Fund Development Department are met and will represent the YWCA in public and one-on-one situations. We each work independently and are fully responsible for our own areas but we work collaboratively as a dynamic team to ensure the best quality product for our donors and therefore the women and children the YWCA serves.
The Special Events Coordinator will assist with the following:
- All aspects of special event planning for subject, but not limited to YWCA’s premier fundraising Awards dinner, Women of Distinction Awards, Inner Circle events and other special events.
- Coordinating senior level volunteers on committees and during events
- Prospecting and securing new sponsors; maintaining and enhancing relationships with current sponsors
- Incorporating organizational fundraising strategies (auction, raffle, solicitation) into events
- Work with AV vendors to coordinate audio visual aspects of the event
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 6 months events experience
- Post-secondary education
- Driver’s license
- Experience with enhancing sponsor and donor relationships a bonus
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills with an ability to prioritize, plan and problem solve
- Strategic, proactive work style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write a variety of documents, such as proposals, reports and correspondence
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Video production or AV knowledge a bonus
- Experience with Adobe InDesign a bonus
- Marketing and design experience an asset
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a bonus
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes by March 30, 2023 to:
Associate Director, Special Events
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
We are committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.