This YWCA position will be working as part of a multi-agency team within the Vancouver NorthEast WorkBC Catchment operated by MOSAIC to connect job seekers with progressive employment, training opportunities and holistic supports. The successful candidate will be working in delivering case management services for a range of clients in Vancouver NorthEast, representing the mission and values of the YWCA, including newcomer women, vulnerable women, single parents, and survivors of violence.
- Work as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive employment program designed to meet the individual needs of clients, including wrap-around supports
- Maintain an organized and current client caseload, including managing follow up
- Assess client needs and develop an individualized action plan to meet goals
- Proficient and effective use of the Integrated Case Management system (ICM) Training provided for ICM and WorkBC model.
- Administer Client Needs Assessments, and Disability Related Employment Needs Assessments
- Connect Clients to employment programming and community resources
- Identify the Client’s need for more extensive or formal assessments (i.e. vocational, psychological assessments, functional capacity evaluations, neuro-psychological vocational assessments, and audiological reports).
- Assist Clients in accessing interventions such as Short Term Certificate Training, Essential Skills Training, Occupational Skills Training, Short Duration Training, Self-Employment Orientation, Self-Employment Short-Term Training, Wage Subsidies, Job Creation Programs, Job Search Supports, Job Supports, Disability Supports and any other applicable WorkBC funding they may be eligible for
- Support Client in completing Skills Training packages to connect with education/training
- Report client progress and milestones through the ICM
- Ensure file consistency and documentation
- Connect clients with internal workshop schedule
- Ensure safety plan and basic needs are in place and work with clients to refer to counselling, community resources and any other appropriate referrals as appropriate
- Assisting clients to participate in the Single Parents Employment Imitative where eligible
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures related to WorkBC Case Management and stay current with updates and changes in policy
- Other duties as required.
- Passion for working with women and providing holistic supports
- Knowledge of community resources
- Case Management and/or employment counselling experience is an asset
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and case note-writing skills
- Understanding and making realistic job matches
- Skills with all Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams)
- Able to show initiative, flexibility and demonstrate a positive attitude towards change and work
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations)
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; exemption requests must be supported by valid legal documents
- CCDP Certification is considered an asset
Additional Experience as an Asset:
- Violence/trauma-informed knowledge and understanding of impacts on employment
- Administering assessment tools
- Experience working in performance-based employment programming
- Job Development experience as an asset
- Additional languages are an asset.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to:
***Please note that this opportunity will continue to be posted until the position is filled.***
YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business needs. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.