COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan
Facility Update | December 16
- “Regular exercise is important for promoting and maintaining physical and mental health. Benefits include prevention of the onset of chronic disease, promotion of positive mental health and cognition, and reduction of social isolation”
- To run classes we must
- Have a booking system for contact tracing
- Allow at least 7 square meters for each participant, and have floor markings
- Offer only low intensity classes – exercise that does not result in significantly increased respiration rates
- Ask group fitness participants to come dressed to work out and not use locker rooms to eliminate congestion
- Post rules
- Disinfect/sanitize equipment after use
- No shouting or singing in classes
Be kind, be calm, be safe! Happy holidays.
Facility Update | December 7
Dr. Bonnie Henry has extended the current health orders into January. All indoor group physical activities continunue to be temporarily suspended while new guidance is being developed. We will resume classes as soon as possible once the new guidance is released. The pool and gym are open.
Facility Update | November 24
The provincial health officer (PHO) has updated the current health orders, that are in effective until December 7, to include the temporary suspension of all indoor group physical activities while new guidance is being developed.
As a result our classes will once again be temporarily unavailable as of today, Tuesday, November 24. We will resume classes as soon as possible when the new guidance is released. The pool and gym remain open as they are individual acitivities.
Let’s remember this is for now and not forever. Pivot your workouts and keep it up! Join us for online workouts through Fit on Demand. We’re here to support you.
Should you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facility Update | November 20
On November 19, 2020, the provincial health officer (PHO) issued several new health orders that have resulted in the following updates to our facility. The orders apply to all areas of the province and remain in place until December 7 at midnight or as otherwise advised by the PHO.
Mandatory Face Masks
As per provincial health guidelines, we now require members and guests to wear a mask in the facility at all times, except when exercising, showering, using hot tub/steam room, or when otherwise not possible. Our staff will be wearing masks as well except when behind a barrier. Please be kind and considerate.
Group Fitness Classes
We’re expecting new guidance from provincial health but have been given the clearance to resume classes while it is being developed. Our class schedule has been updated and will resume this Sunday, November 21. Cycling and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) has been removed to comply with the new health order. Classes that were previously HIIT will be replaced by Body Sculpt. You can self-book your classes online through MyClub as per usual.
Court Access at FRC
Based on recommendations from Squash BC today (November 20), game play for same household members can resume. Drills/practice is also permitted with a maximum of 2 players on the court maintaining physical distance throughout the session (mask recommended). For more details, please see the posted update on SportyHQ when you make your bookings. It is important at this time to be careful and cautious - do not gather around the squash courts or in the change rooms and adhere to the updated mask requirement.
As always your actions have a big impact in the fight against COVID-19. Please help keep our facility open and our communities safe by adhering to all safety protocols in place.
Thank you for doing your part. Be fit, be kind, be safe.
Facility Update | November 7
When in the facility, please do your part by following these key measures.
- Observe capacity as posted in each workout area
- Practise good hygiene including wash hands before and after your workout
- Limit locker room use
- Maintain physical distance of at least 2 metres from others
- Wearing masks indoors where appropriate is expected in the facility. Due to the narrow hallways at FRC, masks are mandatory at this location except when you are exercising in your designated/distanced spot.
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID 19?
- Have you or a close contact been directed to self-isolate?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days?
Be fit, be well. We’re in this together!
With great care and planning, we have put in preventative measures and protocols for your health and safety.
We ask for your diligence in following these instructions and in doing your part to help keep our members, staff, and communities safe. Learn more about what we’re doing and how you can prepare for your visit below.
During this phase all workouts and in-person appointments must be booked in advance online. We ask that as you go through the process direct all enquiries through email and phone. This will allow some staff to work from home and keep physical distance.
We've reopened in a new world with COVID-19 and some areas of operations have changed significantly. Our commitment to provide a high standard of service however will never change. We'll continue to monitor and adapt operations as needed - please bear with us while we navigate this unprecedented time in the fitness industry and in history.
*Member Services team and lifeguards have been undergoing training for new First Aid protocols during COVID-19 from our regulating bodies. It is recommended that we ask those in the high risk population to refrain from working out in the pool and fitness facility at this time.
- Physical distancing markers of at least 2 meters throughout the facility for spatial awareness and/or zones that you should be in
- Rearrangement of equipment and spaces to ensure physical distance of at least 2 meters
- Designation of directional flow using floor arrows in various areas, such as one-way stairwells for entering and exiting the gym floor
- Doors will be propped open where possible
- Reconfiguration of the lobby to maintain physical distance
- Frequent disinfecting and cleaning of high touch-points and washrooms throughout the day as well as nightly deep cleaning of the facility after hours
- Limit overall facility capacity to under 40%, with additional limits in the studios and workout areas. Please observe the capacity limits posted on the doors
- Clear information posted throughout the facility on preventative hygiene methods to minimize the potential risk of transmission
- Hand sanitizers and additional cleaning supplies (for wiping down equipment) are available throughout the facility
- Members are required to wash hands or use hand sanitizers throughout the visit, including upon arrival and exit
- Members are required to wipe down equipment before and after use including the lockers
PREPARING YOUR VISIT
- Members may hold up to 4 bookings, 3 hours to 8 days in advance, maximum one per day. All users will have a maximum of 75 minutes (unless a 90 minute workout was booked) in the facility. You can book a workout or a class. Due to high demand for the pool area, you can only book a 30 minute session with showers available before and after your swim. Pool users are also welcome to use the fitness area before or after the swim for a maximum total of 75 minutes in the facility.
- Only come to the facility when you have met the health screening criteria and have a booked workout. Please arrive as close to your booking time as possible. Be sure to cancel your booking if you develop any symptoms by emailing email@example.com
- Come dressed for your workout to minimize your use of the locker rooms. Pool users however must have a cleansing shower in the locker room before entering the pool deck. Enter the pool deck no more than 5 minutes before your booked time
- Bring your reusable water bottle as water fountains will only be available for filling bottles
- Towel service is available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to add towel service to your membership
- Hair dryers are available for your use when you wear a mask - this is must!
- Follow the preventative measures above and others posted in the facility
- Feel free to wear a mask when physical distancing may be a challenge. Our staff will wear masks in situations where PPE is required and in other instances where they cannot observe physical distance e.g. first aid incidents
- Equipment will be set up ahead of time in group fitness classes that require them. After the class, please wipe down the equipment and leave them in designated areas for the staff to disinfect and put away
- When you can’t make it in the facility access our Fit on Demand online workouts on Vimeo. Monthly members will be able to retrieve their password on their MyClub account
- Steam room and hot tub will operate with reduced capacity assuming there are no COVID-19 outbreaks identified in our region as per Vancouver Coastal Health. When these amenities are closed, a notice would be posted on Member Alerts - please check before your visit. The use of these amenities will be a part of your pool booking
- Communal items such as magazines and small equipment in the hallways e.g. stretch bands have been temporarily removed
- Fans and hand dryers are unavailable to eliminate the potential dispersion of droplets. Additional paper towels dispensers have been installed for use
- Training activities will not include hands-on adjustment by trainers and instructors
- Aquafit classes are not available at this time
Squash & Racquetball Court-use During COVID-19
During the pandemic, please observe the following protocols. Note they are subject to change and will be updated as needed to meet the guidelines of regulating bodies and local health authorities.
- 45 minutes with a 15 minute buffer between bookings (4 people playing doubles racquetball can book back to back courts and stay on court during first buffer period)
- Maximum one booking per day
Recommended Use (as per Squash BC)
- Solo practice
- Play within the same household
- Singles and doubles play with trusted cohort/bubble – limit your trusted cohort to a maximum of 8 people and stay with the same partner(s) for the entire booking
- One-on-one squash lessons (primarily with distanced drills)
- Semi-private squash lessons (two players and one coach on court, distanced practice unless players are in same trusted cohort)
- For solo or singles play, maximum of one booking per day