Covid-19 Health & Safety Plan
With great care and planning, we have implemented preventative measures and protocols for your health and safety.
Please follow these instructions to help keep our members, staff and communities safe.
Currently, all workouts and in-person appointments must be booked in advance. Please direct all enquiries through email firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows some staff to work from home and maintain physical distance.
Some areas of operations have changed significantly due to COVID-19. However, our commitment to provide a high standard of service will never change. We continue to monitor and adapt operations as needed - thank you for your patience while we navigate this unprecedented time in the fitness industry.
*Member Services team and lifeguards have been undergoing training for new First Aid protocols during COVID-19. It is recommended that we ask those in the high-risk population to refrain from working out in the pool and fitness facility at this time.
If you have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, even if symptoms are mild, please remain at home and contact your family physician, primary care provider, or HealthLink BC at 811.
Please be reminded that as part of our active screening protocol, when you enter the facility you will be asked the following questions. In addition, when you tap your membership card, you acknowledge and respond "NO" to the health screening questions.
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you or a close contact been directed to self-isolate?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days?
Symptoms of COVID 19 include new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, temperature equal to or over 38 degrees Celsius, feeling feverish, fatigue or weakness, chills, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, headaches, gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting), feeling very unwell.
Face masks must be worn at all times including when exercising and using the hot tub. Masks can be removed when showering, swimming or using the steam room.
People who are unable to wear a mask due to a health condition or a physical, cognitive or mental impairment, and people who are unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person are exempt from mask requirements. People who are unable to wear a mask should identify their exemption to the staff upon entry, and must maintain a 3-metre ( 9 ft 10 inches) distance from others at all times when in the facility. People who are able to wear a mask but who choose not to as a matter of preference are not exempt. People who are not exempt but refuse to wear a mask in the facility could be subject to a fine.
Physical distancing markers of at least two meters throughout the facility.
Rearrangement of equipment and spaces to ensure physical distance of at least two meters.
Designation of directional flow using floor arrows in various areas, such as one-way stairwells for entering and exiting the gym floor.
Doors will be propped open where possible.
Reconfiguration of the lobby to maintain physical distance.
Frequent disinfecting and cleaning of high touch-points and washrooms throughout the day, as well as nightly deep cleaning of the facility after hours.
Limit overall facility capacity to under 40%, with additional limits in the studios and workout areas. Please observe the capacity limits posted on the doors.
Clear information posted throughout the facility on preventative hygiene methods to minimize the potential risk of transmission.
Hand sanitizers and additional cleaning supplies (for wiping down equipment) are available throughout the facility.
Members are required to wash hands or use hand sanitizers throughout their visit, including upon arrival and exit.
Members are required to wipe down equipment before and after use, including the lockers.
- Members may hold up to 4 bookings and book 3 hours to 8 days in advance, with a maximum of one booking per day. Read Workout Bookings for complete details.
- All bookings allow you a 75-minute stay in the Health + Fitness Centre, with the exception of the 90-minute gym bookings. Class (45- or 60-minute) and pool (30-minute) bookings are a portion of your 75-minute stay. You can use the remaining time in the gym without having to book a gym workout. At the Fitness + Racquet Club, all gym workouts are 90 minutes. Please limit your time in the locker room and account for this time in your 75- or 90-minute stay.
- Only come to the facility when you have met the health screening criteria and have a booked workout. Please arrive as close to your booking time as possible. Be sure to cancel your booking if you develop any symptoms by emailing email@example.com.
- Come dressed for your workout to minimize your locker room use. Pool users, however, must have a cleansing shower in the locker room before entering the pool deck. Enter the pool deck no more than 5 minutes before your booked time.
- Bring your reusable water bottle as water fountains will only be available for filling bottles.
- Towel service is available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to add towel service to your membership.
- Hairdryers are available for your use when you wear a mask - this is a must!
- Follow the preventative measures above and others posted throughout the facility.
- Equipment will be set up ahead of time in applicable classes. Please wipe down equipment before and after use, following the instructor's directions.
- When you can’t make it to the facility, access our Fit on Demand online workouts on Vimeo. Monthly members will be able to retrieve their password on their MyClub account.
- Steam room and hot tub will operate with reduced capacity assuming there are no COVID-19 outbreaks identified in our region, as per Vancouver Coastal Health orders. When these amenities are closed, a notice would be posted on Member Alerts - please check before your visit. The use of these amenities will be a part of your pool booking time.
Magazines and small equipment in the hallways (e.g., stretch bands) have been temporarily removed.
Fans and hand dryers are unavailable to eliminate the potential dispersion of droplets. Additional paper towel dispensers have been installed for use.
Training activities will not include hands-on adjustment by trainers and instructors.
Aquafit and group fitness classes are not available at this time.
During the pandemic, please observe the following protocols. Note: they are subject to change and will be updated as needed to meet the guidelines of regulating bodies and local health authorities.
Current rules for court use as of February 5, 2021:
- Solo practice or distanced drills/practice (max 2 on court) where both participants maintain 3m distance at all times
- Regular game play (max 2 on court) only allowed for those in the same household
- Masks are mandatory throughout the facility (not required when on court), sanitize the court door handle after playing and avoid gathering/socializing before and after your court booking
The health and safety of our members, staff and community remain our first priority. We have a COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan in place for the Health + Fitness Centre and the Fitness + Racquet Club to control the potential risk of transmission.
By coming in to the facility and/or having an ACTIVE membership, you acknowledge and agree to the conditions and operations during COVID-19.