A message to our community
The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and community is our top priority. We like everyone are feeling the enormous weight of the COVID-19 pandemic and are working hard to find the right balance between responsibility to our guests and caution to keep our staff and community safe. Considering this, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend new bookings effective March 23, until further notice.
Our hotel is currently focused on supporting our long-term guests and residents. We are not taking in any new booking right now, but our organization is in the process of examining the best use of our facilities during this time.
We are closely monitoring recommendations from provincial and federal health authorities and will resume services as soon as it is again safe to do so. Thank you for your understanding and your continued support. Stay healthy, friends!
Your team at YWCA Hotel Vancouver
The safety and wellbeing of our guests, partners and staff, is a top priority for the YWCA Hotel.
We are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have taken proactive steps to protect our guests and community. YWCA Hotel Vancouver remains committed to create a safe and enjoyable environment for our travellers, staff and operations.
Here is what we're doing to protect you
- Closely monitoring the situation and actively responding to recommendations from BC’s health authorities
- Prepare hand sanitizers in all high traffic areas
- Sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces and all touch points every hour including the front desk, lobby, elevators, guest kitchens, lounge areas, and hallway bathrooms
- Both occupied and unoccupied rooms will also be sanitized and disinfected every day
- Educate our staff about COVID-19 and steps to take for prevention and containment
- Creating materials to educate guests and staff on precautions they can take
These are our initial precautions and we will keep guests informed as new information is made available through Canada's health authorities. We are thankful for your understanding as we continue to navigate these evolving circumstances.
What should you do if you are experiencing symptoms in Vancouver?
If you are experience symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other flu like symptoms) while you're in Vancouver, stay calm, limit your contact with others and call for help. YWCA Hotel staff and Local Medical Health Officers will be able to help you.
A BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool is also available online at: https://covid19.thrive.health/.
If you are in the YWCA Hotel room:
- Do not leave the room to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Call the front desk.
The hotel staff will notify local Medical Health Officers and key individuals to help protect you and provide instructions for next steps.
If you are not in the YWCA Hotel room:
- Stay in an isolated location to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Call 8-1-1 (provincial health information line available in BC only) for information on next steps.
- Contact YWCA Hotel at +1 (604) 895-5830 to alert the hotel to contain the spread of the virus.
What can you do to stay healthy?
Wash your hands often!
Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or alcohol rub.
Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 2 metre (6 feet) between you and others.
Cover mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing
Remember to dispose the tissue immediately.
Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth