Rooms for Self-Quarantine
Arriving back to Canada and need to carry out your 14-day self-quarantine?
YWCA Hotel Vancouver is offering a special self-quarantine rate to serve our community, flatten the curve and do our part!
Beginning July 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. Otherwise, testing and a 14-day self-quarantine still applies for all international travellers.
*Select 11 or more nights during booking (www.ywcavan.org/hotelbooking) for quarantine rates to appear for Double Rooms with Private Bathrooms, or Double-Double Rooms with private bathrooms. Other room types are not used for self-quarantine. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (604) 895-5830 if these room types are unavailable for your select dates.
Only Double Rooms with Private Bathrooms and Double-Double Rooms with Private Bathrooms are used for self-quarantine or self-isolation. Room with hallway bathroom or semi-private bathroom cannot be used for self-quarantine or self-isolation.
- If rooms with hallway bathrooms or semi-private bathrooms are reserved for 11 nights or more for the purpose of self-quarantine or self-isolation, the YWCA Hotel has the right to cancel your booking. Please contact us at email@example.com or +1 (604) 895-5830 if Double Rooms with Private Bathrooms and Double-Double Rooms with Private Bathrooms are not available for the dates you require.
- At the time of booking, a non-refundable deposit of the first three-night room fee and 12.5% tax will be charged on the credit card provided. The remaining will be due at check-in. Reservations with an invalid credit card will be cancelled.
Updated on September 27, 2021:
Canada now allows recreational travel for fully vaccinated foreign nationals who meet the requirements. British Columbia has now stepped into phase 3 of our provincial restart plan.
On August 9, the three-night government-approved hotel stopover requirement ended.
Starting September at midnight, the Government of Canada is further easing border measures for travellers entering Canada. Please check the Government of Canada site and the Government of British Columbia's Travel and COVID-19 page for latest updates.
- Fully vaccinated foreign nationals who meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller can come to Canada. Fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8.
- To be considered fully vaccinated:
A traveller must have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). Travellers can receive their vaccine in any country, and must provide documentation supporting their vaccination in English, French or with a certified translation.
- For these new measures to apply to them, fully vaccinated travellers must still meet all other mandatory requirements, including being asymptomatic and pre- and on-arrival testing.
Otherwise, all air travellers must comply with all testing and 14-day self quarantine requirements.
- Please access the latest travel restrictions and requirements for flying to and within Canada.
- Please also check the self-quarantine requirements from the Government of BC and The BC Centre for Disease Control.
- Travellers can use this flying to Canada checklist as a resource.
- A room with one double bed, private bathroom
- Mini fridge
- Free Wi-fi
- Free local calls
- A list of delivery services including grocery and food services while you self-isolate
If you are staying with us, the location of you self-isolation will be:
YWCA Hotel Vancouver
733 Beatty Street, Vancouver
604 895 5830
How you will travel to your isolation location:
Public transportation can be used if you can maintain physical distancing of two metres from other passengers. We recommend taxi and we ask that you wear a mask at all times.
Arranging the necessary supports:
Have a plan in place to make sure you have enoough groceries and meals delivered and any prescriptions you might need. A list of deliverable services will be available at check-in. There are no cooking facilities available but a microwave and a small fridge are in your room.
Clean the bathroom and any touch-points regularly with cleaning products provided in your hotel guest room.
OUR FRIENDLY STAFF IS ALWAYS AROUND!
Our hotel staff at the front desk is always around 24 hours a day/seven days a week and available to help during your stay!
- Travellers must register their self-quarantine plans electronically via ArriveCAN before crossing the border or boarding a flight.
- You will have your own room with a door that can close and a separate bathroom.
- Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, towels or bedding with anyone.
If you’re feeling unwell, use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool to help determine if you need further assessment or testing for COVID-19:
The symptoms of COVID-19 include cough, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing.
- Visit: https://bc.thrive.health/
- If you cannot use the online tool, call 8-1-1 (toll free) or 7-1-1 (deaf and hard of hearing), 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
- You can complete this assessment for yourself, or for someone else, if they are unable to.
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing:
- Call 1 888 COVID19 (268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week (available in over 110 languages)
- Protect others by washing your hands (for at least 20 seconds) frequently, coughing into your sleeve and greeting with a wave instead of a handshake, hug or kiss.
- Practice physical distancing: always stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from others.
- Do not host visitors or family during your self-isolation — keep in touch with friends and family with video chats or phone calls instead.
- Know that many parks, playgrounds, businesses and other amenities may be closed temporarily due to COVID-19.
Looking to stay longer
Staying in our city for a while longer? Check out our residence/ extended stay options, offering convenience and community right in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
Conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver, steps from transit and close to shops, restaurants and attractions.
2 mins walk to
|6-15 mins ride to
3 mins walk to
10 mins walk to
5-7 mins ride to