Rooms for Self-Isolation
Need a room for self-isolation? A space for self-quarantine due to exposure?
Or arriving back to Canada and need to carry out the remainder of your 14-day self-quarantine (after the mandatory 3-days)?
YWCA Hotel Vancouver is offering a special self-quarantine rate to serve our community, flatten the curve and do our part!
Reminder: all international travellers need to stay at government approved hotels for their initial 3-day self quarantine. YWCA Hotel Vancouver's offer is for locals and travellers looking to carry out the remainder of their 14-day quarantine.
*Select 11 or more nights during booking (www.ywcavan.org/hotelbooking) for quarantine rates to appear for these room types: Double Private Rooms, Double-Double Private Rooms.
Updated on February 17:
Starting February 22, all air travellers must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for their first three nights of their 14-day self quarantine. Anyone arriving in Canada from abroad will have to wait for the results of their airport test for up to three days at a supervised hotel.
- Please access the latest travel restrictions and requirements for flying to and within Canada.
- Please also check the self-quarantine requirements from the Government of BC and The BC Centre for Disease Control.
- Travellers can use this flying to Canada checklist as a resource.
- A room with one double bed, private bathroom
- Mini fridge
- Free Wi-fi
- Free local calls
- A list of delivery services including grocery and food services while you self-isolate
If you are staying with us, the location of you self-isolation will be:
YWCA Hotel Vancouver
733 Beatty Street, Vancouver
604 895 5830
How you will travel to your isolation location:
Public transportation can be used if you can maintain physical distancing of two metres from other passengers. We recommend taxi and we ask that you wear a mask at all times.
Arranging the necessary supports:
Have a plan in place to make sure you have enoough groceries and meals delivered and any prescriptions you might need. A list of deliverable services will be available at check-in. There are no cooking facilities available but a microwave and a small fridge are in your room.
Clean the bathroom and any touch-points regularly with cleaning products provided in your hotel guest room.
OUR FRIENDLY STAFF IS ALWAYS AROUND!
Our hotel staff at the front desk is always around 24 hours a day/seven days a week and available to help during your stay!
- Travellers must register their self-quarantine plans electronically via ArriveCAN before crossing the border or boarding a flight.
- You will have your own room with a door that can close and a separate bathroom.
- Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, towels or bedding with anyone.
If you’re feeling unwell, use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool to help determine if you need further assessment or testing for COVID-19:
The symptoms of COVID-19 include cough, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing.
- Visit: https://bc.thrive.health/
- If you cannot use the online tool, call 8-1-1 (toll free) or 7-1-1 (deaf and hard of hearing), 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
- You can complete this assessment for yourself, or for someone else, if they are unable to.
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing:
- Call 1 888 COVID19 (268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week (available in over 110 languages)
- Protect others by washing your hands (for at least 20 seconds) frequently, coughing into your sleeve and greeting with a wave instead of a handshake, hug or kiss.
- Practice physical distancing: always stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from others.
- Do not host visitors or family during your self-isolation — keep in touch with friends and family with video chats or phone calls instead.
- Know that many parks, playgrounds, businesses and other amenities may be closed temporarily due to COVID-19.
Looking to stay longer
Staying in our city for a while longer? Check out our residence/ extended stay options, offering convenience and community right in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
Conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver, steps from transit and close to shops, restaurants and attractions.
2 mins walk to
|6-15 mins ride to
3 mins walk to
|5-7 mins ride to
Cruise Ship Terminal
|10 mins walk to