Building Maintenance Worker
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 45,000 clients annually, with 45 programs and services in 58 locations.
This position assists Building Engineers in maintaining the building systems and Building Service Workers in maintaining the cleaning standards of the facilities (Program Centre and Hotel/Residence).
To ensure that all furniture, fixtures, fittings, ceilings, walls, floors, and landscaping areas are in good condition, and to assist Building Engineers in maintaining and operating the DDC and swimming pool systems at the Program Centre, and the operation of the Hotel/Residence.
- Handle decorative repair and installation (e.g. Carpentry, masonry, painting wall and floor finishing)
- Check the swimming pool systems and maintain water quality
- Assist building engineers in maintaining functional operation of the building systems
- Daily building repairs and maintenance
- Maintain daily records and logs
- Room set-up and janitorial service
- Assisting co-workers with work orders and responding to guests’ request and building emergencies e.g., fire alarms
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pool Operator level 1 Certificate Required (level 2 preferred)
- Two to three (2-3) years’ experience and skills in painting, building maintenance and repairs; carpentry, masonry, minor electrical repairs and custodial work.
- Current Building Service Worker Certification and/or two – three years recent relevant experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical & electrical building systems is an asset (e.g. DDC security, HVAC)
- Experience in an aquatic environment operating and maintaining pool systems is an asset
- Knowledge of chemicals and cleaning products, WHIMIS
- Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with clients is essential.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite products
The successful candidate will be required to work evenings and weekends.
This is an IUOE position
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover a Cover letter and Resume to:
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.