YWCA Metro Vancouver is operating a 2nd stage transition house, a place of safety and support for women who have experienced abuse in an intimate relationship and their children. YWCA helps women and their children overcome the trauma of abuse with emotional support, legal aid and other specialized services.
Currently we are looking for volunteer drivers who can drive four people safely to elementary school in the Commercial Drive area.
• Provide rides for children from Vancouver West Side to school in the morning, Monday through Friday starting September 8 to December 16.
• Be punctual and dependable in picking up the children at the scheduled time. (8:00am in the morning)
• Keep the support worker informed regarding your availability
• Maintain confidentiality regarding children/mother’s information.
• Regular vehicle maintenance to ensure safety of children and mother - seat belts must be available.
• Provide annual updates on vehicle insurance policy and registration.
• Immediately report incidences, accidents or concerns to the support staff
• Valid driver’s license and Safe driving record
(Drivers Abstract from ICBC would be ideal - There is fee for this but we will reimburse the cost)
• Liability insurance and current vehicle registration
• Access to a vehicle that is roadworthy, reliable and suitable for family needs.
• Doctors note clearly indicating no health conditions that may impair ability to drive safely (vision, hearing, perception, reflexes, certain medications, etc.)
• Criminal Records checks
We've been striving to change lives throughout Metro Vancouver for more than 100 years. Last year, our programs and services helped 55,000 lives. Interested in joining? Then Please complete our online application form.