Early Childhood Educator & Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Help us make a difference
Voted as one of the best companies to work for in BC, YWCA Metro Vancouver is a diverse non-profit that supports women’s equality through a range of integrated services. Skilled at meeting employee and client needs, YWCA Metro Vancouver treats employees with respect and is committed to offering initiatives, compensation and benefits that retain employees and help them achieve work/life balance.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is currently looking for casual on call Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator Assistants to work in childcare centres operated by YWCA Metro Vancouver in the Vancouver area. The Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator Assistants will be responsible for providing child care under supervision in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
- Supervising, ensuring a safe environment for children indoors and outdoors including fieldtrips
- Giving and receive information to other staff members, to/from parents;
- Greeting parents and children when they arrive;
- Getting to know the children and supporting them in their daily routines;
- Planning and implementing activities
- Fulfilling various shift duties.
- Ideally candidates will have an Early Childhood Education (ECE) certification, however related work experience and qualifications will be considered. Individuals will be team players interested in maintaining a positive and supportive learning environment. A criminal record check will be required and references will be contacted. Special Needs and Infant/Toddler Certification would be considered an asset.
We’ve been striving to change lives throughout Metro Vancouver for more than 100 years. Last year, our programs and services helped 47,500 people. Interested in joining us? Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
Children Services Coordinator
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
fax: 604 684 9171
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.