YWCA Mindset is a specialized employment program for job seekers who are seeking support with stress management, anxiety and/or depression.
Through a partnership between YWCA Metro Vancouver and Coast Mental Health, this new program offers a safe, stigma-free environment to empower participants to achieve balance and gain motivation to pursue their goals.
- Group workshops and one-to-one support in a safe and supportive environment
- Career exploration based on interests, values and strengths
- Funding for short- and long-term training opportunities
- Participants receive individualized support to set goals and make an action plan to obtain employment or pursue further education
- Access to free counselling and peer support
- Health and wellness components, including gardening, yoga and meditation
- Job development services, employer contacts and work experience
- Financial supports (food, transit, work clothing) and completion bonus available
- Seeking support for managing stress, anxiety and/or depression
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
- Living in Metro Vancouver
- Unemployed or precariously employed
- Able to commit to a 12-week program
Join us for our last intake starting on January 5, 2022.