YWCA Japanese Outreach Program
YWCA Japanese Outreach Program assists and supports female Japanese nationals who live or are physically located in Canada outside of the Jurisdiction and are dealing with abuse from an intimate partner or homestay situation.
This program can help with:
- General assistance, guidance and support to Japanese victims as needed;
- Emotional support and other advice to Japanese nationals relating to any aspect of domestic violence, as appropriate;
- Information and material concerning the British Columbian provincial family court system and immigration system to Japanese nationals;
- Information and material regarding the Canadian court system to Japanese nationals;
- Assistance to Japanese victims who are involved in any court proceedings in the Jurisdiction of the consulate;
- Consultation, lectures and briefings to staff members of the Consulate relating to domestic violence;
- Referral to other agencies, institutions or organizations relating to domestic violence located within the Jurisdiction of the Consulate;
- Any other assistance or support as agreed between the Consulate and YWCA.
The program has started on April 1, 2017 and will be finish on March 31, 2018.
If you would like more information on this program, please contact Hiromi Kase at firstname.lastname@example.org | 604 209 1808
This program is a partnership between the YWCA and Government of Japan. The Deputy Consul of the Consulate of Japan in Vancouver is a representative of the Consulate duly authorized to execute this Agreement on behalf of the Consulate.