Looking for a sustainable career that can adapt to a fluctuating job market?
YWCA Online Essentials is a FREE online program that prepares young women for careers in office administration, customer service, telecommunications or tourism.
Participants are paid for the training and practicum hours.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Women between 15-30 years of age
- Interested in creating a sustainable career
- Unemployed and able to participate in a full-time, 12-week program (ie. not a full-time student)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status
- Not currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Completion of high school not required
Please note: Those who are currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits or are in full-time school are not eligible for this program.
- No fee to participate
- 6 weeks of PAID online skills training (participants are paid bi-weekly while they attend the online group sections)
- 6 weeks of PAID professional work experience
- Follow-up support for an additional 12 weeks
- $250 bonus after program completion
- In-demand professional certifications (e.g. SuperHost, First Aid, Food Safe, Serving it Right, Employment Standards, OnTrack Computer Training, Essential Skills)
- Access to additional YWCA services
START DATE: June 1, 2020
YWCA Online Essentials is funded by the government of Canada.