YWCA WorkBC LEADS
Discover how to take charge of your future.
YWCA WorkBC Learning Employment and Development Skills (LEADS) program offers specialized employment services for survivors of violence and/or abuse.
Participants receive a wealth of support in group and individual sessions for a period of up to 12 weeks. The program assists participants in finding and maintaining employment, economic sustainability and enhancing wellness through five pathways:
- PATHWAY ONE: Recognizing, Understanding and Overcoming Impact of Abuse
- PATHWAY TWO: Survivor Traits and Strengths
- PATHWAY THREE: Survivor Discoveries and Career Options
- PATHWAY FOUR: Beyond Survival
- PATHWAY FIVE: Renewing Employability Experiences
Services and program incentives include*:
- Group workshops & employment coaching
- One-on-one career counselling
- 10 personal counselling sessions
- Childcare top-up costs
- Food vouchers & clothing support
- Occupational training
- Job placement support services
- Community referrals & access to other YWCA Services.
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
To learn more about the program and how to apply, contact:
Tel. 778 877.1533