Dreaming about starting your own business?
The YWCA in partnership with the YMCA offers eligible clients a free 48-week Self-Employment Program that will give you the knowledge and resources to start and succeed in your own business.
We will help you with:
- business plan development
- entrepreneurial workshops
- coaching and mentoring
- business launch and implementation support
We also provide living supports, dependent care, transportation and disability supports if required. With approval, clients can earn income within their business without losing income supports.
You may be eligible for this program if you are:
- Receiving Employment Insurance (EI) currently; or
- Have earned$2,000 or more and paid employee EI premiums in at least five of the last 10 years; or
- Received Maternity and/or Parental benefits in the last five years; or
- A Person with a Disability
To apply for this program, you must have a case manager at WorkBC. If you meet the criteria above, contact your local WorkBC Centre today to get started.
Questions? Contact a YWCA WorkBC Centre today.