Find confidence in your career transition.
If you feel like you're losing yourself in your job search, there's no need to go it alone. FOCUS @ Work is a free program that helps women reconnect with themselves, their passions and their strengths so they can find meaningful employment.
More than an employment program, FOCUS @ Work helps you identify the talent and experience you’ve always had, build connections and network to help you find the right career path for your future.
FOCUS @ Work includes three weeks of workshops and nine or more weeks of job search support.
- No fee to participate
- A confidence-building, supportive environment
- Networking opportunities
- Interview practice
- Employment coaching (one-to-one and in groups) until employed
- Financial assistance for transit and child care top-up based on eligibility
- Full-time directed programming from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Assessments (career, personality, skills, interests and values)
- Personal development (self-esteem and self-assertion, effective communication, conflict resolution and coping with change and stress)
- Job search skills (resumé, cover letter, portfolio, interviews, networking, hidden job market access and labour market information)
Job search support includes:
- Daily guidance, support and encouragement
- Weekly goal setting and action planning
- Job leads and networking opportunities
- Ongoing resumé, cover letter and interview coaching
- Resource library
- Computer and Internet access
Contact 604 699 1788 | email@example.com
What past participants are saying:
The most valuable aspect of my participation at the FOCUS program was the visualization exercises and the personal relationships I have made. They have helped me personally with being more mindful, as well as building better connections in my professional and personal life. —Jessica, program graduate
FOCUS @ Work aligned with my need to understand my skills, endeavours and where I fit in the job environment. The workshops were informative and focused on individual’s specific circumstances and therefore covered all scenarios that one could face in life. The guest speakers as well as the various members we have interacted with, were generous with information and advice. The feeling of support and guidance was prominent in all interactions. —H., program graduate
When I landed in Canada, I applied for tons of opportunities in my sector, in multitude of roles, however, kept wondering as to why I never received interview calls. During my search, I got to know of YWCA and its programs and heard highly positive things about FOCUS @ Work, so I decided to register for this program. The rigorous lessons and support (for attending the program every day and professional attire for interviews) made it really easy for me to focus on being successful in the interviews. I developed great relationships not only within my peer group but also with senior leaders of various organizations who visited often to share their insight. —N., program graduate