Skills Max has wrapped up its last cohort in March 2019. The program ran for 3.5 years with outstanding results, serving a total of 172 youths.
We would like to thank our participants, funder, staff, partner employers and the community for the continued support and referrals.
Please visit the YWCA Employment Programs page to learn more about our current employment programs.
It’s been six months since I arrived in Canada and I am forever grateful to the YWCA Skills Max program, which prepared and provided me with solid skills to facilitate my entry into the Canadian workforce. From résumé writing to mock interviews and general career advice, I could always rely on the staff's continuous assistance. They have motivated me to continue my efforts. Two weeks after the completion of the training, I received several calls for interviews and a fantastic job offer in the same week!
- Farhana, Program Participant
Over the course of the program, the Skills Max Office Administration training has helped me connect the dots between my education, my skills, and my career goals. It gave me the confidence and tools to be the best that I can be and to help many others around me. I am thankful for all the wonderful support from my facilitators and my peers, as they helped me become a better person and a better professional.
- Joey, Program Paricipant
Are you 15-29 years old? Unemployed? Not on EI?
Do you want to get your start in Office Administration?
Skills Max, our FREE 6-week youth employment and training program prepares you for a variety of administrative positions, including general office support worker, receptionist and administrative assistant.
- Four weeks of employability workshops, including Career Pathways in the Administration Sectors (Monday to Friday, including 1 one-on-one session per week with an employer counsellor in the afternoon)
- One week of Office Administration training (On Track)
- One week of job search/placement; on-the-job and financial supports
- Computer training modules (On Track)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Acrobat
- Additional one-on-one support as needed
- Working with a placement specialist to be placed in or Administrative sector with local employers
Participants will also have access to additional YWCA services and resources such as:
- Food Supports
- Clothing Supports
- Transit Supports
- YWCA Health & Fitness Centre
- Volunteering opportunities
- YWCA Thrift Store vouchers
- Job seekers 15-29 years of age
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours a week and able to participate in a full-time program and training
- Currently not receiving EI/have not received EI in the last three years
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not currently attending school
- Interested in working within the Office Administration sector
For more information, contact:
2nd floor - 1256 Granville Street
604 605 4666 | firstname.lastname@example.org