Strive is a holistic 6-week program to support youth in and from care transitioning to adulthood.
COVID-19 Update: All our workshops and info sessions have temporarily moved online. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our program participants and staff; we will resume our in-class workshops once it's safe to do so.
- $150/week honorarium for attending 6 weeks of life skills workshops
- Foodsafe Level 1, Emergency First Aid & CPR, Serving It Right, WHMIS
- Transportation, food and other supports
- Debt assistance
- Access to YWCA Health + Fitness Centre
- 6 weeks of afternoon life skills workshops (Monday – Friday 2:00 -5:00pm). E.g. Financial literacy, mental health, resumes & cover letters, substance use & addiction, nutrition, etc.
- Customized action plans and goal setting
- Optional 8-week paid job placements (minimum wage, 20 hours/week)
- Ongoing support as needed
Participants must be:
- 17-24 years of age
- Transitioning/transitioned out of care (foster home, group home, youth agreement)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
See what Strive participants have to say about their experience:
Now accepting applications and referrals.
Candidates can be referred by a case worker or refer themselves directly to discuss eligibility.
For more information please contact 604 619 8078 | firstname.lastname@example.org