Strive is a holistic life skills and employment program to support youth aged 17-24 who are transitioning or have transitioned out of care.
We are now offering an ONLINE 4-week Strive express program!
- Training allowance ($160 per week) for attending 4 weeks of workshops (4 days per week)
- Debt assistance
- Access to the YWCA Health + Fitness Centre (online during COVID-19 and full access after)
- Certifications: WHIMIS, Serving it Right, Accenture training, Superhost (all online) and will offer FoodSafe Level 1 and Emergency First Aid & CPR once it is safe to resume group meetings
- Personalized goal plans and access to youth workers for resource referral
- Access to a FREE counsellor
- Access to WorkBC employment counsellors and funding
- Optional 8 weeks of paid job placements
Participants must be:
- 17-24 years of age
- Transitioning/transitioned out of care (foster or group home, youth agreement, AYA, TCO, etc.)
- Ready to either get a job or start school
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (you will need to provide your SIN number) – A social worker, youth worker, or guardian may have this info if you do not. You can also find your SIN number on any tax forms you have received or from a past employer.
- Working less than 20 hours per week
- September 14, 2020
- November 2, 2020
See what Strive participants have to say about their experience:
Now accepting applications and referrals.
Candidates can be referred by a Case Worker or refer themselves directly to discuss eligibility.
For more information please contact 604 619 8078 | firstname.lastname@example.org