Are you ready to break into the exciting tourism industry?
YWCA Tourism Essentials is a FREE 12-week program that prepares young women for rewarding careers in tourism and hospitality.
Participants are paid for the training and practicum hours.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Women between 15-30 years of age
- Interested in creating a sustainable career in the tourism industry
- Unemployed and able to participate in a full-time, 12-week program (ie. not a full-time student)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status
- Not currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Completion of high school not required
YWCA Tourism Essentials employment program is split into three phases to ensure you get the skills and training to best help you achieve a career in the tourism industry.
Phase 1: Training (6 weeks)
- Tourism-related skills
- Group-based employability skills
- Industry training and certifications (e.g. SuperHost, First Aid, Food Safe, Serving it Right, How Not To Get Fired and Employment Standards)
- Career exploration and planning in the tourism sector
- One-on-one employment counselling and support
Phase 2: Paid Work Experience (6 weeks)
Paid work experience with an employer in the tourism sector.
Phase 3: Follow-Up
12-weeks follow up after the program ends.
- No fee to participate
- 6 weeks of PAID skills training (participants are paid bi-weekly while they attend the in-class training)
- 6 weeks of PAID professional work experience
- Follow-up support for an additional 12 weeks
- $250 bonus after program completion
- In-demand professional certifications
- Access to additional YWCA program and services
NEXT START DATE
- March 2, 2020
Contact 604 216 1670 | email@example.com
YWCA Tourism Essentials is funded by the government of Canada.