Weekly group meetings connect single moms in the community for peer support, resources and information. Together with other single mothers, you can access the companionship and community so important to shaping your happiness and success.
Groups serve women of all ages and from all backgrounds and are based on the belief that every woman knows what she needs to achieve her goals—she just needs the opportunity to discover her potential.
Single mothers can choose the group location that works best for them.
* Please note: Our single mothers’ support groups are NOT drop-in programs. You must register and attend regularly.
All groups are currently accepting new referrals.
- Downtown Eastside - YWCA Crabtree Corner
- Mount Pleasant - Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
- Riley Park - Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
- West End - Gordon Neighbourhood House
- Kitsilano - Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Sunset - South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- Downtown Vancouver "Baby & Me" - YWCA Program Centre - For pregnant and first-time mothers with child/children under two
- UBC Single Mothers Group - Vancouver Campus - A friendly and supportive space for women who are studying and/or working on campus.
- Historic Downtown - Abbotsford Community Services
- Aldergrove - Encompass Support Services Society
- Metrotown - Burnaby Family Life
- Near Haney Place Mall - Family Education and Support Centre
- Pacific Autism Family Network - For single mothers of children on the Autism Spectrum.
- Newton - YWCA Alder Gardens
- Clayton - Hope Community Church
- Lougheed & Shaughnessy - Tri-Cities East Neighbourhood Centre
To join a Single Mothers’ Support Group, contact Joann McKinlay at firstname.lastname@example.org | 604 219 8952
Vancouver programs are partially funded by the City of Vancouver.