YWCA Restart is a specialized career and training program for women who have been involved with the justice system.
Through a partnership between YWCA Metro Vancouver and Elizabeth Fry Society, this new program offers a safe, stigma-free environment to support participants to find a progressive career.
- Group workshops and one-to-one support in a safe and supportive environment
- Explore careers and access progressive positions to meet career goals
- Funding for short- and long-term training opportunities
- Participants receive individualized support to set goals and make an action plan to obtain employment or pursue further education
- Access to free counselling and peer support
- Health and wellness components
- Job development services, employer contacts and work experience
- Financial supports (daycare, food, transit, work clothing, laptop) and completion bonus available
- Self-identifying women who have been involved with the justice system*
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
- Living in Metro Vancouver
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Able to commit to a full-time program
* Involved with the justice system may include: previous incarceration, major, minor and/or juvenile charges, currently or previously on parole or probation, stay of proceedings and alternative measures (programs authorized under section 717 of the Criminal Code, which include: restorative justice, Indigenous justice programs, community accountability panels, offender reconciliation process, diversion programs).
Program start date: October 25, 2021.
Interested in joining us? If you meet the criteria above, please fill out our registration form.
604 209 8271 | firstname.lastname@example.org