Crisis Resources for Survivors of Violence
If you have experienced violence, please know that you’re not alone - and you don't have to go through it alone, either.
Remember that what happened was not your fault, and your safety is of the utmost importance. If you're feeling unsafe, consider reaching out to someone you trust for support.
If you're in immediate danger or seriously injured, call 911.
The below resources and helplines are also available to you if you are in a crisis:
- Police/RCMP Emergency 911
- bc211 for referrals to resources 211
- Kids Help Phone 1 800 668 6868
- VictimLINK (24hrs) 1 800 563 0808
- Chimo Crisis Line (Richmond, 9:00am–12:00am) 604 279 7070
- Crisis Centre (Greater Vancouver, 24 hrs) 604 872 3311
- Greater Coquitlam Crisis and Information Line 604 540 2221
- Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (after-hours and emergency line) 604 660 3194
- Surrey Women’s Centre Support Worker 604 583 1295
- Fraser Health Crisis Line 604-951-8855 or toll free 1 877 820 7444
- Vancouver Rape Relief and Women’s Shelter 604 872 8212
- Women Against Violence Against Women (24 hrs) 604 255 6344 or toll free 1 877 392 7583
YWCA Violence Prevention Services
YWCA Violence Prevention programs and services are open to all women who experience violence in their relationships. Services includes individual and group support for women experiencing intimate partner violence, one-to-one support, referrals, resources and information about the cycle and effects of abuse.